Sunday, August 19, 2012

What A Summer!


What a summer it has been! As this summer comes to a rock star end, I wonder (not to be confused with worry) what comes next?

I reflect over a summer that I came into carefully, thankful to have a small window of time to enjoy and savor summer, uncertain if a job opportunity would come that I couldn’t/wouldn’t pass up or classes I signed up to start in July (because I should be doing something productive, right?) that had me go through a financial aid process for the 1st time in my life and sailed me right through summer with a start date of September 3rd.  Timing, perfect!

This summer far exceeded my expectations, so much more than I ever hoped for. This summer was free of work, free of school. This summer was full of happiness, laughter, music, sunshine, parks, water, health, fitness, challenge, family, friends & love.

Blessed beyond measure, nostalgia says look back at everything I enjoy and love most in life was accomplished! Every i was dotted and every t was crossed when it came to basking in every pleasure I love to lose myself and indulge in. Every need was met in full, every want was presented in opportunities of amazing packages.  

I embrace endless pleasures.

Having an amazing zest for life, I laugh heartily, love deeply, experience new foods, new places and keep my mind & heart open to what crosses my path in life.

Many times God has wrestled with my sinner’s heart. Many times I dance and twirl on temptations waters. Many times I have been Eve in the garden tasting forbidden fruit, hiding from God in a sense of distancing myself in conversation so He wouldn’t/couldn’t interfere.

My mind often wanders back to my favorite women of the Bible with restless natures that God used in significant roles throughout history. A knowing God.

How many times I have thanked a lavishly loving holy God for grace and blessings that cover me in my often “my motives are pure, but my methods are questionable” nature.

Oh, what a summer it has been!  

Not by my own doings, but in knowing who to thank. A leap of faith showered in blessings.

Unending love.

Amazing grace.