Monday, August 27, 2012

Warrior Dash Weekend Results

The Warrior Dash weekend results reflect 13,430 competitors both Saturday & Sunday. Times that by $84 per competitor + $20 per vehicle for parking and St. Jude's had one heck of a fund raiser for their cause!

Saturdays results reflect 6,746 competitors.  Our team ranked as follows: my Mariah placed 1,283 at 39:53, Dawn placed 1,965 at 43:34 and I placed 4,918 at 1:01:23.  

Here goes my thought process ... I would rather be the weakest link running with these two athletes then have any other person on our team slow me down. I like to play with the best. I like to work with the best. Keep up or get out of my way is pretty much my approach on most everything.  

My perspective running in the competition is a beautiful one and here is how I think ... At 42 years old, I personally beat both men and women in the following categories in Saturdays competition: 35 in the 14-19, 467 in the 20-29, and 754 in the 30-39 age categories. A grand total of 1,256 men and women younger than me that I beat! It's all in how you look at it.

I expect younger people to perform better. I expect people my age and older that are athletic to perform better. I just started running for the 1st time this summer and am thrilled I simply did it.

Now that we know what this is all about, the heat will be one and the competition high next summer!