Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1st Day of School

Much preparation goes into the 1st day of school. Expensive school supplies and new clothes, two anxious girls who cannot fall asleep the night before, the same two who have to figure out the bathroom routine in the morning all over again, fresh new outfits, hair done to be perfect, lunches packed, 1st day of school pictures, nerves making their every comment a bit snippy ... me just wanting to get them out the door!

Good grief, what a production! Summer is officially over for my girls.

Ahhhhh ... *the sigh of relief* ... freedom, my days to myself!

I believe I will go for a run. I will clean my house and scrub floors, because that puts the planets back into alignment. I will take a shower and pick out a fun outfit for a lunch date. I'm thinking sequins!

Today at 12 noon, one of my besties and I are meeting for a back-to-school celebration lunch!  This type of a celebration lunch has two requirements:  an outdoor patio & a drink to toast with as we sing our annual tradition ...

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"