Friday, August 24, 2012

Off To The Beach I Go!

Sunny, mid-80's temperatures, kids in school, the day to myself, off to the beach I go!

Back to my new favorite spot that I have renamed to Headlands Beach. Headlands State Park sounds so Ohio, this beach feel so remote as if I am at a far away destination.


I grab my beach bag, a cooler with bottled water, a funny Chelsea Handler book a friend recommended, hop in my little car, turn up some PitBull and off I go!

Truly, it is an ideal setting. The sand was so hot I had to wear sandals until I set down my beach towel. The sun was hot, but there was a nice breeze off the water. The sound of jet ski's and boats passing by added to this beach atmosphere and I can only lay there in a magical setting bask in its embrace and savor the moment.

I had no intention of swimming until a friend showed up, but the water felt wonderful! Just when I thought my perfect day was ending we walked way down the beach to the lighthouse, crossed what felt like a 1/4 mile of rocks to get to it, then sat on the rocky lighthouse pier and watched the sailboats, speedboats, jet ski's, and kayaks pass by until the sun set.

It was hypnotizing.

A hot sunny day replaced by a warm perfect evening and a sensational sunset over the water.

I simply cannot wait to go again!