Thursday, August 9, 2012

Back-To-School Shopping w/Brooke

Today was the dreaded back-to-school shopping with Brooke.

Brooke is like me, we both loathe shopping. Add the high co$ts of school supplies & new school clothes and I can't stand it even more.  Cha-ching!

As we are walking out of the house, Brooke grabs her new wallet that is filled with what looks like credit cards. They are actually iTunes cards and a Starbucks card that I was informed needs money put on to the account.

Also, she said she needed some cash so I played along nicely (keeping peace & her in a good shopping mood) and said I would swing by the bank and grab her $20, when I pull up she asks for $40. Fine, its her money.

Then she states before we go shopping she would really like to stop and get lunch first, but somewhere nice where we can sit down and relax. Olive Garden is her favorite. I think its really because of their breadsticks.

Relaxed, because it took forever, we enjoyed lunch when she insists on paying for her meal or at least the tip. Really? Brooke is only 12 years old. The bill was less then $20 so she insisted on picking up the whole tab, her treat. Brooke is very generous and likes to contribute so I allow her to treat lunch this one time.

Leaving Olive Garden she is holding the door for several sets of really old couples that cannot seem to pick their pace up. Patiently Brooke waits for them. The last little older lady smiles at me and says, "She was raised well."

This mom beams with pride. What a good little girl my Brooke is.

Two stops in two hours, we accomplished both school supplies & clothing.  Brooke and I were on a mission and accomplished.

Back-to-school shopping is officially done!