Monday, August 6, 2012

"Ma'am, I have to go potty"

Brooke was looking forward to her day with Debbie at an event near Pennsylvania. Amish-style food, 4-wheeling and activities.

She called 4 hours into her day to say she was ready to be picked up, I wasn't surprised.  Deb gets on the phone and states that the sun has gotten to Brooke, but that she had her laying down inside in front of a fan with an ice pack on her neck, cool rags, and lots of fluids to stay hydrated.  Deb is trying to let me know that she is taking very good care of Brooke and I give her rest asurrance in return ... "Debbie, it doesn't surprise me in the least. She is fine."

Brooke prefers to lay in the nurses lounge during Sports Day at school. Brooke doesn't like to be in the sun much and with feign being over-heated in order to lay down and relax. She likes to relax. I later found out that Brooke was not pleased at all that she was on the set-up crew of this event where she helped set up tables, chairs, etc. This is the perfect storm for Brooke and I usually anticipate a phone call.

I offer to come pick her up so everyone else can enjoy their day, but being 80 miles away they were going to head back home in a couple of hours anyway. Certain Brooke was in shock that I didn't jump to her rescue, I believe it is a good teaching tool that she can endure a day she chose to participate in.

As she is laying in the house, a 5-year old little boy walks in and takes his pants off.  My mortified Brooke looks away, when the naked little boy walks up to her and says, "Ma'am, I have to go potty."

She points to the bathroom, but he claims he needs help. Brooke is not about to help this little boy, she can't even look at him. He said he can't find his mom so she said try to do it by yourself and that she would give him a cookie afterwards. That's exactly what she did so she could lay down in peace.

I laughed hearing he called her "Ma'am" and I could only imagine her mortification of this little boy being carefree and comfortable buck naked in front of my daughter!

Annoyed she was put to work, Brooke was relieved to be home that evening and has made it clear she needs a few day to herself to relax.

That is what she does best ... relaxes.