Monday, February 28, 2011

Windows Of Time

Windows of time are not chapters in our lives.

Windows of time are brief intervals of opportunity during which an activity or rest can take place.

Tomorrow Brooke goes to the orthodontist.  In a 7 year period, we are in a 6 month window of time where neither of my girls have braces. 

Basketball ended just two weeks ago, tonight was Brooke’s last dodgeball game.  I thought I had a one week window without sports since last summer.

Mariah called, she made the varsity track team without trying out!  The varsity coach claimed her, gave her two weeks off from basketball, she starts track now. I’m excited for her.  No break.

When is my next window without all these activities?  Summer?  Camp brochures came today, Brooke picked her camp.  Mariah is picking her summer basketball camps. 

When am I going to squeeze in drivers education course for Mariah?  Only a small window of time left where I don’t have to worry yet that my daughter is behind the wheel subject to other drivers.

Now, a cherished window of time where I know where my girls are on Friday and Saturday nights, home safe in bed.

Classes on hold, a window of time I gave myself from taking part-time courses after Brooke’s dad died.

The last two months, a window of time where life was hard, but is healing so quickly.  A period of putting faith into practice through trials that wanted to consume me.

I’m thankful for these windows of time.  They are not chapters, rather short timeframes of rest for the next chapter in life.