Sunday, February 6, 2011

Choices

Our words have the power to bring life or death.

They can be encouraging, inspiring, and sensitive to bring healing to a situation or they can be hurtful, prideful, justified, and kill a moment’s opportunity.

Sometimes we only have seconds to make this choice.

When I was young, I would flex these muscles to see what the real boundaries were – life was a game played hard. 

Now that I am older, I entertain those ole natural tendencies; however, in the quest for a quality life, there is no room for risk in what is truly important.

Make time for the quiet moments
as God whispers and the world is loud.

A gentle reminder that hangs on my wall.

Healing and restoration is happening. It is not me, but God. 

It is my choice to make time for the quiet moments.  It is my choice to be encouraging, inspiring, and sensitive in my moments of opportunity. It is my choice to seek wisdom and to control my words. 

I’m thankful for my new daily opportunities. The slow healing and restoration of a warm and familiar routine … to fan the embers of life back in my relationship.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer.