Saturday, February 26, 2011

Shay Brooke

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. today.  Normal for me.

Not normal for Brooke, who doesn't wake up well at 6:40 a.m. for school.  At 6:00 a.m. today she is awake in bed, playing her DSi XL!

A wide-awake Brooke, leaps from bed and tells me to sit down and relax.

She hands me a menu.


Welcome to Shay Brooke.  What she means is Chez Brooke.  I'm smiling.

Coffee is not on the menu, fortunately Shay Brooke can accommodate!  Not being a breakfast person, I decide to go with a single chocolate chip waffle, light on the butter and syrup.

Minutes later, a tray appears.  A perfectly microwaved chocolate chip waffle, butter melted, light on the syrup. 

The breakfast tray presentation has the final touch of a vase of water with a stem of flowers that were pulled out of an already floral bouquet. 

Brooke has always been sensitive to all the right special touches.  Flowers and candles for ambiance.  She will make an amazing special events coordinator some day, even if it is for my grand babies. 

Shay Brooke's was delicious!