Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rituals

Whew … what a week!  Tax night, became a blessing.  Another night, car battery issue = free car battery, another blessing. Nights gone by when I couldn’t read. 

I say it over and over, I love to read.  I am constantly seeking to grow, increase and learn in life.  We were meant to.  To not grow, is a certain death.

While taking a few days off of reading, life is changing. A familiar routine reconnecting.

Finally, I get my “me time” and pick up my book.  Next chapter, Rituals.  I love its timing!

“In nature, animals perform rituals. They go to the same places and do the same mating dances. These activities reestablish their roles as male and female and trigger their mating instincts.”

I smile at the analogy, but there are so many truths to this. There must be something that jump-starts it all over again. It’s the “little” things that establish a strong connection and keep it alive.

“The fact is, those rituals you performed early in the relationship are foundational to your connection. They solidify the bond, giving both partners a familiar place to reengage and renew their commitment. This releases fresh power into the relationship”.

“Touch is important because it establishes familiarity between two partners. It should trigger emotions that no one else’s touch can. Your touch is your signature that leaves an indelible impression on the mind and spirit of your loved one”.

“The ritual of mental engagement is a powerful tool for keeping romance alive. The morning phone call, the noonday check-in, the cup of coffee that stands waiting. Whatever the thing is that makes your partner smile and feel loved, you need to do it regularly. It’s the little things they miss when you are not there.  They are imbedded in your partner’s heart and spirit”.

Rituals. Familiar routines. Sometimes we have to go back to the place of initial connection and restart.  But, first it has to be the desire of your heart!