Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fireworks

Brooke and I are in the car heading to Best Buy when she says, "Mom, I feel like fireworks are going off inside me!"

The fireworks is her excitement and anticipation of heading to buy a very special gift.

Brooke loves her DS; however, it is old, scratched up, and has needed replaced.

When Brooke's dad died, Social Security said that everyone has a one-time pay out of $255 upon their death ... who knew?

I told Brooke, when that money arrives she can buy the DSi XL (in burgundy) that she has asked for for 1 1/2 years now!

Tonight we were heading to pick up her new DSi XL when the fireworks filled her!  She was so excited, she kept bellowing opera notes once the cherished prize was in her hands. 

I also earned a reward tonight according to Brooke.  She thought carefully after stating I deserved a reward and my reward is ... she will not ask to sleep in my bed for 1 month!  ha!

A special gift from her daddy = fireworks in her heart.