Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Biggest Loser

The “smack” talk is alive and flowing today!

I am a very competitive person.  Loving a healthy competition, I started a “Biggest Loser” weight loss competition at our corporate office.

This competition runs from December 1st – June 1st, allowing 6 months for healthy weight loss in preparation for summer.  Weigh-ins are the first work day of each month. 

The grand prize is a $500 Visa gift card.  I plan to use it for a new summer wardrobe!

We have 25 participants. Ages range from 20 years – early 40’s … 23 females, 2 males. 

Guess who I have challenged as my main competition?  Tyler, a 22 year old male with a high metabolism!  I like to remind him he is going to lose to a girl and that I am old enough to be his mother!  J

Like I said, I am highly competitive and I don’t find women in their 20’s or 30’s to be much of a competition.  That is a bold statement to make, I realize that! 

But guess what it does to me?  It makes me have to work 10 times harder, pull out every trick in the trade, because being a 40 year old female with a slowing down metabolism, I have to give 200% to WIN!

I won this month!  Down 6 pounds since January 3rd!  Oh yah, I rubbed it in then sprinkled a little lemon juice over his open wounds … but that’s how we all are here. Cut throat, but all in good fun.  I had my moment in glory, now I have to step up my game even more!

Four months to go.

They say the human head is 8 lbs.  Let’s just say … I really hope it doesn’t come down to a 7 ½ pound difference!!