Sunday, February 6, 2011

1-1/2 Hour Hot Stone Massage

There is something calming about walking into a spa.

Tranquility greets you at the door. Stress escapes as ambiance embraces. Gently bringing life back into balance.

Calming spa music, signaling time to relax. Aromatherapy sets the mood for a moment of pampering.

Ahhhhh … me time.

Massages are a luxury I like to treat myself to, especially when I travel. My greatest spa experience was at the The Spa at Camelback Inn in Scottsdale where I experienced the adobe clay purification treatment from head to toe that ended in the gentle rains of a vichy shower, then outdoors into a private, sun enclosed cabana to bask in the sun with mountains and cactus as a natural backdrop.

I’ve enjoyed massages under tiki umbrellas on the soft beach sands of Punta Cana and Cancun barely 40 feet from the ocean … a natural ambiance that is forever etched in my mind.

Today called for a 1 ½ hour hot stone massage.

Hot stones specifically placed, awakening the skins senses, deeply relaxing muscles.

It may be winter outside, but on this heated massage table, it was warm and balmy.

Today began waking up to a warm and familiar good morning phone call, an hour in church that refreshed my soul, and luxury relaxation. 

Tomorrow I will be back meeting everyone else’s needs.  Today was a needed moment for me. Know your pleasures.

I look forward to the day when I share these spa moments with my daughters.