Thursday, July 11, 2013

To Feel the Stir of Passion

Have you ever had one of those amazing thoughts of something you want to do? Your heart beats wildly for a few minutes—or even a few days or months—and you think to yourself, I'm going to do this!
 
But then the reasons you can't start coming. They suit up, start marching, and aim their weapons of discouragement right at your heart. In the end, that amazing thought becomes a fleeting thought.
 
And you think to yourself, yeah, it was a dumb idea. Then, as quickly as the stir of passion started, it fades. Too many of us live in the depressing, washed-out shades of a thousand faded passions that might have been.
 
Because we're afraid.
 
We'd rather stay safe and under the radar than go big and possibly flop.
 
But every now and then someone rare comes along. They would rather die than say, "I wish I would have ..."  - Encouragement for Today
 
I needed this today and in my frustrations my Magical Highlighter met me where I am.
 
I am a keep the flame ignited, because without its warmth and bright light, the air around me is cold and dark.
 
God says, "So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. (NIV) Revelation 3:16.  I get it, Lord!
 
Lukewarm is less than living. Give me passion and a vision and I am at my best. To have a passion fade feels as if it is a certain death.
 
A flame, like dreams, need oxygen to keep it ignited for light and heat. When a jar is put over a flame the light goes out and it goes cold. That jar comes in many forms in life. Frustrations. Broken promises. Fear. Excuses. Stagnant. Negativity. Lukewarm. People in life less than living that simply wear you down.
 
I play by a lot of rules in life and sometimes I make the rules up as I go, but I am not one to live with a jar put on my flame.
 
I want my heart to beat wildly. I want to feel the stir of passion in every area of my life.  
 
Know how to re-light your own wick. There are more than enough jars in life to snuff out your flame.
 
Don't choose to live in the shades of a thousand faded passions that might have been. Be the rare, "I would rather die than say, "I wish I would have ..."