Thursday, July 11, 2013

"I'm Not Taking No For an Answer"

After a week of being apart due to a vacation, this afternoon was reserved for our perfectly coordinated quality alone time together.

I had just dropped Brooke off at my parents and felt like a girl at Christmas beyond excited to spend  alone time with him.

You see, I felt off-balance this whole week away from him as if a part of me was missing. I was crabby, irritated, and my patience was wearing thin. I needed today.

Of course things didn't go well right away for Brooke at my parents, she was home before we finished having lunch together. Brooke was in tears and went downstairs to relax on XBOX.

He says, "Let's take Brooke and get out of here for the afternoon." How thoughtful. I let him know she won't agree to go though.

He jumps up from the table, goes downstairs and let's her know we are leaving for the afternoon and she is going with us. I'm listening for her to say, "No thanks!" when he walks up the stairs and says, "And I won't take no for an answer." Okay, that was hot and I am watching and waiting to see what happens next.

Brooke shuts off her XBOX and gets her things.

Stunned. 

His confidence in handling this situation was magical, his take charge to redeem the afternoon so impressive.

We drove an hour away to a landscaping nursery he once told me about where we walked through endless flowers in the sunshine. Being a garden girl, I loved the place and appreciated their unique selections as I marveled at flowers I had never seen before in my life . My bows and congrats, sweet boy. Well done!

We stopped for ice cream before we were on our way home. The laughter and banter in the car was fun and I can tell my little girl has a crush on my guy.

She says he's a sexy man with a great body, a pretty smile, and pretty eyes. She thinks he is nice, funny, and likes that he likes Sponge Bob. She doesn't care for Sponge Bob, but her daddy loved Sponge Bob, so it is kind of a "test" for others to pass. She doesn't have to like the show, they do. He passed.

I'm thankful we had this time together, the three of us. It was only weeks ago, I told her she had to smile and say "hello" when she saw him.  In attitude, she said she doesn't care to have anything to do with him or talk to him, he won't stick around anyway.

Today she let her guard down with this amazing guy in my life and she really likes him.

I still need our quality alone time together, but today turned out to be a much needed day for completely different reasons.