Friday, July 26, 2013

43

Bleh! 43 is not my favorite birthday number, but here I am today 43 years old.

Good grief it is getting close to 50! More so than I have ever experienced (obviously) and I have had to change my own thought gears and formulate a new plan for 43 to remain as young as possible.

Serious game plan challenges for myself.

Enough of the negative, I can only dwell in this for a short period of time.

Today is a beautiful and sunny mid-summer birthday. Sunny& 80's and I am heading to spend the day at my favorite beach with the one who makes my heart sing.

Friday birthdays are extra fun, too! They welcome the weekend as if your one day becomes a free 3-day birthday party and I have birthday plans for every single day.

I woke up smiling this morning and said my bzillion "thank you's" for every healthy year and every perfect gift in my life. I reflect how blessed I am:
  • For my God who is close
  • Health and happiness 
  • The blessings of my girls and families good health and happiness
  • Our favorite place of stability, refuge, and a reflection of us ... our home
  • My freshly mowed yard, my patio, and my flowers
  • A community that I love to live in
  • True best/friendships that have lasted years to decades that always loves and protects
  • Time in summer to find my own balance in life
  • Walking in the park last night with Mariah talking about her dads approaching passing, she shares what an exciting time it is in her life. She just got her 1st job ever at one of her favorite stores she has shopped at for years, she is entering her Senior year, she will be 18 years old in less than a month, her heart is in love, and her life is in such a good place. She said it would be perfect if her dad wasn't dying, yet she is still so incredibly happy
  • And just when everything is all happy summertime, sunshine, flowers, and bliss, my heart sings every single day and I can only think of one of my favorite quotes:
"Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life,
love gives us a fairy tale."
 
43 you are only a number.
 
May my life be an example of 43 years of blessings and a life well-lived.
 
I have many plans that say this will be a good year!