Monday, July 22, 2013

My Dear Mariah,

My girls know in their minds that I blog, but they haven't the foggiest idea what I blog about.

A letter for someday ...

~~~

My Dear Mariah,

Your whole life has been filled with endless moments of pride for me. Your character, integrity, and steadfast faith has been consistent since you were a little girl. Unchanging in the face of your peers in middle school and high school. Never waivering.

Beautiful. Popular. Athletic. A rare Christian.

Watching you as a young woman walking into the baptismal yesterday was yet another moment of pure joy and pride for me as your mom. Your public act of faith boldly stating that you are a woman of God, your testimony announcing your calling into full-time service in ministry, and your passion for missions.

You are my child on earth, God entrusted to me.

You are God's perfect creation for a specific purpose.

Re-baptized yesterday because as a teen deep diving into the Bible you question the validity of your choice as a child when you were young. Securing your name in heaven.

My sweet Mariah, in your childlike faith you certainly knew what salvation was about back then. We were certain you understood and it was a very personal choice you made.

It was child-like faith when you accepted the Lord as your Savior when you were much younger and it is an older, much wiser decision you made now. Your dad and I are blessed to have witnessed our greatest role in life, raising you, baptized in faith.

Your entire life you will continue to learn more about God. You will know unconditional love when your own baby is placed in your arms. You will understand the power of faith when life and trials happen. You will experience God's power when you step down and allow him to be in control.

May you never stop learning and seeking to know God and may He always be your hearts desire.

I've had the joy of raising you for 18 years now and although I will be here for you as long as I live, I know you are entering another chapter in your life. A chapter that God is preparing your heart for.

You are an amazing young woman, Stormie, I couldn't be prouder and I couldn't love you more. While the word missions instills fear in me, that you may be farther away from me than I ever dreamt of, you are God's, and I will respect and support your calling and purpose. Of course, covering you in prayer every single day.

I love you,
Mommy