Tuesday, July 9, 2013

They Are Sisters [Period].

At the orthodontist today we were told Brooke's braces are coming off in three months. Yayyy!

A lot of years and a lot of money later I can see light at the end of the tunnel and both my daughters will be completely done with braces.

The staff at the orthodontist office remembers Mariah and often asks about her dad, today was no different. The dental assistant asked, then asked how everyone was related again.

I explain Eric is my ex-husband, Mariah is ours together. Sierra, who also had braces there, is Mariah's step-sister, Eric's wife's daughter, and Mariah and Brooke are sisters.

"Ohhhhh, so Mariah and Sierra are step-sisters and Mariah and Brooke are 1/2 sisters," she says out loud as she tries to get it straight in her head.

Brooke looks at me and I can see her processing this comment. I can only hope the assistant feels how thick the air has gotten and the daggers I am shooting at her.

"No, Mariah and Brooke are sisters [Period]. I gave birth to them both. They were raised by me and were raised together. They are sisters [Period]." I cautiously warn. She says nothing and it was in her best interest that she didn't.

Nothing makes me madder than morons making comments trying to comprehend and share how they see a situation. 

It's the same stupid look someone gets on their face when I say I have been divorced for 16 years and they quickly try to do the math in their head. Brooke is 13 years old, I had her out of wedlock, genius.

Since my girls were little ignorant family members and strangers have commented my girls are 1/2 sisters. Since they were little, I have explained to both my daughters that I don't care in the least if they have different fathers, they both came out of me, I raised them, and they grew up together. They are 100% sisters, there are no halves with anything here, and they feel the same.

I have NO problem correcting others personal assessment as being rude and setting them straight.

So, to the dental assistant today who talked endlessly and felt obligated to make an assessment about my daughters and say it out loud in front of Brooke, may bleeding hemorrhoids fall out of your ass!

My girls are sisters [Period].