Saturday, September 29, 2012

Double-stuffed Cookie Cake

"I'll bring cookie cake!"  I can just hear Brooke now proudly announcing to her whole class.

Brooke likes the "WOW" effect and she likes class parties. Always readily volunteering to bring the best dessert when other mothers get to bake.

What's wrong with good old fashioned homemade chocolate chip cookies? They make a home smell delicious! What they don't do however is give the wide-eyed "it's a party!" presentation with a sugar explosive taste of double-stuffed chocolate chip cookie cake, all-inclusive with sweet icing filling, and autumn leaf rings for a few lucky students.


Again, Brooke won the unspoken best dessert presentation at the class party.

Presentation is important to Brooke, a quality I fully appreciate and respect. I just wish she would stop volunteering for every class party or event; however, I guiltily admit this mom was thrilled to see a few pieces make it home!