Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Four Math Courses Left

For the past few years I have reminded my academic counselor more than once, "Put all my math courses last as my final courses."

I am a GPA girl. Simply because academically I am rocking at a 3.86 GPA with four classes to go ... all Algebra, Finance, and Accounting. It doesn't mean anything to anyone but me. Being a personality that likes to go out at the top I battled with myself do I want to fall short of graduating to claim an impressive GPA or am I willing to risk my beloved grade point average to graduate? Honestly, the only reason I am willing to go through the torture is to be that shining example for my girls.

Lead by example. Sometimes its so overrated! :)

Dread. Loathe. Suffocation. Is how I have felt through every course nearing these four courses.

I have changed.

Six months off changed my thought process, my outlook, and unraveled years of fear.

This week I started two of my last four courses. Accounting looks totally familiar, thanks to my job in corporate America. Just like a regular business course, plus everything I am reading I need to know to apply it to my own business one day.

Two fantastic instructors and Algebra makes sense, I am no longer terrified; rather, empowered. I do have an arsenal of helpers I can fall back on in a pinch though, but I am refreshed and up for the challenge!

Years of dread have been erased. Decades of loathing mathematics made okay thanks to my life detoxifying sabbatical.

It's a good thing my outlook is good, even I couldn't justify feeling sorry for myself after the summer of Dawn!