Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Monday

It's Monday and I LOVE Mondays!

After a busy weekend, life slips back into a very comfortable routine. My girls are off to school and I anticipate the week ahead by checking my social calendar of what this week will hold for me, what the weather will look like to determine what days I will be outdoor active and what days will be dedicated to school work and responsibility.

In honor of Monday, my day off school with no assignments due, the weather forecast calls for cool, crisp, sunny early in the day with a high of 77 degrees.

Today is tennis and running the Monument with my best friend in all outdoor activities, Dawn.

It isn't just playing tennis and running the Monument steps. It's laughing, talking, sharing, enjoying the sunshine because we can and time is running out with winter approaching, all topics on the table conversations, and sorting out thoughts of life's current events with a trusted friend.

Running the steps is pushing myself in the most physically challenging way in the shortest distance. Breathing harder than I have in my entire life where I feel alive and my lungs are alive! It's the sense of accomplishment over and over as I reach the top of those monstrous steps filling my lungs with air and being closer to God under an enormous sky.

A hobby I enjoy with a dear friend and my oldest daughter. The very two that push me the hardest and I love that!

Wake up, get moving.

Life happens around us every day and every day I like to know I enjoyed the day as much as possible.

Ahhhhh ... the familiar comforts of a hot & steamy cup of coffee and a well-enjoyed day ahead with a best friend.

Work hard, play harder and plan wisely.

Happy Monday everyone, carpe diem!