Friday, September 14, 2012

Sometimes, Some Days

Sometimes, some days, life hits on all sides at once and emotions run raw.

A dear friend confirmed her husbands infidelities ...

My Mariah learned Michael (her 1st boyfriend of 1-1/2 years) found a new girlfriend ...

A heart I have been handling gently, I let go of ...

My situation wasn't difficult, but it did make me reflect and choose a path in life. A man that was truly wonderful, just not my Mr. Wonderful.

Logic lovingly reminds Mariah's that she made a choice while teaching her to respect the relationship her & Michael had and to not play emotional games with his heart. His heart that still belongs to her.

Experience lovingly reminds my dear friend that she paid attention to her sixth sense, fought for her marriage, and did everything the right way in the midst of an absent partner. Already incredibly strong, she will find inner strength that will sweep up the broken dreams and become a beautiful mosaic.

It's hard to see past a moment of pain, but I've learned through years of heartache that better days are ahead and I will soon laugh until I cry, feel the flutter of butterflies, experience moments where my heart twirls on a dance floor, and I feel happy and alive again.

Sometimes, some days, I live in the moment with my friends and daughters with open arms ready to embrace and protect.