Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Perfect Evening

It is Spring Break. 

Brooke is in Florida with Grammy & Papa, having a wonderful time and being entertained endlessly.  Mariah and I had a couple of fun days together talking, laughing, playing tennis and lots of driving. My new exec is out of the country on vacation, so my Spring Break is felt at home and in the office.  A wonderful week!

Last night began my days with just Billy & me. Yesterday I pondered our upcoming alone time, excitedly anticipating if we will keep it normal, yet alone, or do something a little different.  I like to keep things fresh!

As a natural party, campaign, social activity coordinator, I often tap into God for supernatural powers to make things magical. I wasn’t sure what I was up for and pulled my trump card, God. 

I have to apologize, while the rest of northeastern Ohio was put out by the snow storm we had, it was the perfect touch for our evening!  Billy & I both love winter wonderlands!

The house is quiet with music playing softly in the background. Ahhhhh … alone time!

Just the right lighting added ambiance to our quite impressive dinner presentation that had him complimenting the chef.  *smile*

The snow is falling like a heavy blanket, too beautiful to close the window coverings.

*Our view across the street from my home.

A fire is dancing in the fireplace, putting warmth and a warm glow as the only light in the house.

We talk for hours.

Snuggled on the couch, he holds both my hands when he talks to me. This is his way of being completely engaged and assuring we are in tune to one another. It is holding hands and talking at a deeper level. He loves to talk and communicate, a quality that I love so much about him.

I put on a comedy movie and his laughter is music to my ears.  A winter wonderland. A dancing fire. Laughter. Conversation. A perfect evening.

God is quite the evening planner Himself!

Our future is full of unknowns. The future is not here. While the future may be out of our hands, it is not out of the hands of our faithful and trustworthy God. God already knows our unknown circumstances. It is for me to move forward in faith.

I can’t wait for tonight!