Monday, March 7, 2011

Toxology Report

The Toxology Report from the Coroner’s Office came today.

As I opened the envelope and began reading the report, I could feel the swell of emotion grip me, one of those moments where a part of me wanted to know more than not.

The stage was being set, the coroner’s arrival at the scene in full description.  Logic tells me to stop reading.  Since Keith’s death, more mornings than not, I walk into my walk-in closet with Debbie on my mind. It is called 2nd hand trauma.

When these thoughts of Debbie flash through my mind, my mind entertains what the scene looked like that she walked into 2 ½ months ago.

I am about to find out or should I stop reading?  I read on …

I will never share this report with Debbie or Roann. It was mailed to me because Keith & I have a daughter together, Brooke.

Some things are better off left alone.  Reading the gruesome description of a scene you don’t even see in movies, the death of someone I loved so very much many years ago was too much.  Pain overwhelmed me and the body has a natural tendency to get sick when it has had enough.

This isn’t a pleasant blog posting, this is a posting of my daughter’s daddy’s suicide.