Monday, March 7, 2011

A Date With Billy

Our 1st date in months. We are going to dinner alone, just Billy & me.

I am actually nervous with excitement getting ready.  What do I wear?  What is my problem?  It’s dinner.  Not just dinner, it’s our 1st official date in quite a while.

Casual outfit, yet attractive. A little more time on hair and make-up.  Do boys go through this?

He walks in the door to pick me up for dinner.  He is so pretty. 

I notice he didn’t shave. I’m not sure why I didn’t say anything?  Me, the queen of affirmations.  Maybe it was excitement? 

Always such a gentleman.  I know to slow my fast-paced stride down to let him get the door at restaurants, getting in the car, stores, anywhere we go.  

We go to a nice Italian restaurant with ambiance and atmosphere.

Ahhhhh, now I can relax. A Raspberritini, for me please!

Laughing and talking, he slides in, “I didn’t shave today. I know you like it when I don’t.”  A sweet confession on his part.  I’m smiling.

“I noticed and I love it, thank you!”  Such a man, such a boy at times.  Pointing out his efforts to get his warm & familiar affirmations for his own special touch for our date tonight.

I guess boys get nervous, too!