Saturday, March 26, 2011

True Love Sees

True love sees. And if she can’t see, she presses in until she does. She prays, she seeks, she asks and she believes that every person is made in the image of God. What a hidden treasure in you! Open up any one of us up and you’ll find gems, jewels and treasures galore. How do we unlock the treasure in those we don’t necessarily understand? We receive them just as they are. We love them.”

I have a new boyfriend. The same boy I have loved for the last year, except he has changed. 

I am talking in the last two weeks, a significant change.

He has always been very loving, sweet-natured, funny and very sensitive to me, but there is a new calm to him.

A new calm. A deeper level of respect. A stronger connection.

As I am thinking about this and writing a text comes through, him stating how perfect we are together.

He loves affirmations.  He loves to be reassured that we are always on the same page. He loves to talk about is feelings and our relationship, it makes him feel good. How funny is that for a guy?!

The world hears a loud person in talk and personality. I hear his heart, his sweet & sensitive nature. I hear the boy in him that shouts “look at me and what I am doing good!” I lavishly express words of affirmations and I can see him clinging to words he has never heard before and life changing.

In two weeks we will celebrate our 1 year anniversary. This boy is my best friend and I still have such a crush on him!

I want to ask what the significant change in the last couple of weeks is about? I want to know what happened to him at what specific moment that made him an even more loving and deeper person?

I hear a gentle and constant whisper, “It is not for you to know every detail.”

I’m betting, Billy doesn’t know the answer himself. Some things in life are unexplainable.