Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Debbie To The Rescue!

I am having a dilemma. 

Brooke is performing a solo during a choir concert in front of the student body tomorrow. I realize yesterday that there is a major scheduling conflict. 

Tomorrow is Berg's "Celebration of Life" at the very same time, one hour away.

My dilemma is not which do I go to, because I cannot wait to see my very dear friend, Karen.  My situation is that Brooke will not have anyone in the audience watching "her".  Never has she performed without the support of me, her dad or my snowbird parents.

I explain my situation to Brooke and she says, "Momma its okay, you have come to every one of my performances."  I am relieved, slightly.

Guilt is still haunting me.  I need someone.  Who isn't working that can go?

DEBBIE!  Why didn't I think of her?!  Debbie calls me back glad I thought to ask her.  She will make arrangements in her work schedule to attend the performance, take pictures and bring Brooke home.  

Debbie reminds me that she always promised Keith she would look after Brooke if anything ever happened to him.  She is just like a step-mom and has been there from the beginning of her life.  I reflect back for a moment to many, many years ago ... it wasn't always this way. 

I truly am so thankful for Debbie.

Brooke and I went dress shopping and bought two beautiful dresses and a pair of pretty black shoes.  Brooke is so excited and states she feels like a princess!

Tomorrow Brooke will sing front stage:

I see trees of green, red roses too,
I see them bloom for me and you,
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world ...

I hope her daddy is watching down on her from heaven.