Saturday, March 12, 2011

GPA 3.84

Six courses to go until I graduate.

My academic advisor, Michelle who is simply wonderful, called to see if I was ready to begin courses again from my three month hiatus. 

It is an early Saturday morning and I am lamenting over my next course, a dreaded mathematics course that I have put off as long as I could.

I am waiting for “a sign” to tell me I don’t have to do this, but it is no where to be found.

Michelle knows I loathe math and how passionately I feel about not dropping my GPA for a course that I have no desire to know at 40 years old.

I state I could pay someone to do this for me, to be shamed by Billy.  Shocked, he calls me out, “No! That is CHEATING!”

I present a very strong and logical argument of my passion in hating math, justifying my reasoning.  He doesn’t let me off the hook and explains to me that it is okay to get a B or a C in a course.  Even medical physicians received B’s and C’s, that not everybody is a straight A student.

Makes sense to me, but I don’t like it. 

Don’t I have any business courses left?  Those are natural A’s with no effort. 

I feel like David facing Goliath.