Friday, April 1, 2011

A 2nd Perfect Evening

Wednesday night was wonderful. I had high expectations for last night as well.

Wanting to ensure another perfect evening, I tap into God for His intervention.  I don’t want a replay of Wednesday with a winter wonderland setting, the snow is melting. I want something different and something special, but I’m not sure what?  It is for me to simply ask.

Billy comes over and I meet him outside like I always do, just beaming and anxious to see him.  He lights up, “Wow! You look beautiful!”  I am in a comfy yoga outfit, but it is working for him.

Two days in a row he doesn’t shave, for me.

Dinner presentation was beautiful, he lavishly compliments throughout our meal by candlelight.

Fireplaces are the perfect touch when all the lights are out. Snuggled on the couch we put in a movie, Due Date.

One scene in the movie takes place at the Grand Canyon when ashes are being tossed in the wind. During the sentimental scene the tune of Amazing Grace is played capturing the moment.

Sitting behind me, Billy begins to sing the words in my ear.

He loves to hum melodies and once in awhile I will catch him singing a quick jingle, but not often. He sings the words to Amazing Grace, more words that I have ever heard him sing before and his voice is so pretty.

I wish time would have stopped. A moment I didn’t want to end.

A window into his heart. Words he hasn’t forgotten.

My special moment.

A 2nd perfect evening.