Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Moment of Sitting Still

Life is back to its familiar accomplishing and busy pace.  

I was just thinking a couple of nights ago that longed for the moments of sitting still like I did that couple of months a short time ago.

I miss the warm embrace of not wanting to be anywhere. To sit quietly. To read for fulfillment. Refreshed in faith. A very intimate time with God.

God heard my hearts cry.

I am now sitting at home on a massaging/heating pad. A pulled muscle in my back on top of an infuriating day in the office, I threw in the towel in and came home early.

Hours spent at home on my massaging/heating pad, under a warm blanket, with my favorite glass of sweet tea (and a chocolate snack cake from my girls lunches), along with three funny/motivational/inspirational books, and a Lowe’s Spring Updates Creative Ideas for Home and Garden magazine. 

My planets have lined up!  That isn’t even the best part … the pouring rain is perfect tranquil touch.

Ahhhhh … no television, no kids.  I close my eyes to embrace this moment. 

Mariah texts me and I wake up.  Wow, I fell asleep! 

Billy calls me every 20 minutes worried that when I say “I am fine” that maybe I am not really fine.  He is very high maintenance naturally, but I appreciate his concern.

My home is quiet.  I’m as comfy as possible. I am surrounded by good reading.

I love this … sitting still.