Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Pool Life

There are several things living here that was unexpected.

There is concrete between the floors and walls and the floors don't squeak. Having a ranch home with a lower level, you always knew where someone was because you could hear them. It's so quiet here and Brooke and I are getting used to not hearing each other when we walk into a room.

This community has a dog park and the population of the residence are in their 30's, 40's and 50's. It's surprisingly quiet.

And, I never knew how much I was going to love my balcony. It's a pretty oasis of flowers and I recently added a mint plant to pinch off leaves for tea. From here I can see the pool and hear the pool music on a fun afternoon. I watch cars, see the neighbors and watch the sunrise as I am doing now. It is the perfect spot for a cup of coffee, a good book, blogging and conversations.

Who would have ever thought six months ago that my home would be sold and pool toys and beach towels would be part of my every day life?!

I'm meeting neighbors and my handsome neighbor and I said, "Hello" at the pool yesterday.


It feels as if I am on a resort vacation.

Everything here new and I so appreciate this picturesque crisp, clean and well-manicured community.

Clean, bright side walks, sharply edged and freshly mulched flower beds and shrubs. I even like the new blacktop with bright white lines. Goodbye neighbors who didn't take care of their yards!

To think my new pool life would include chairs with beverage holders makes me laugh! Yet somehow, this is exactly where I am supposed to be.