Sunday, July 22, 2018

I Work at a Country Club (x2)

"You're Invited" and "Be Our Guest" invitations are received, R.S.V.P.'s are extended, calendars are noted and a special afternoon/evening out gives you an event to look forward to.

It's my every day.

I absolutely LOVE my job and I love the people I work for and with! The family who owns both country clubs are as kind as they come and they are truly good people. The son, Johnny, who I worked with 26 years ago is a few years old than me, is a sweetheart and absolutely hysterical. They are hard workers, God knew where to put me.

Yesterday was incredibly busy:

    9:00 a.m.  - Tour of the other country club, event sale.
    11:30 - 1:30 p.m. - A beautifully creative Christmas in July birthday party
    2:00 - 4:00 p.m. - I slipped home (2 miles away) for our community Margaritaville Pool Party
    5:00 - 12:00 a.m. - I hosted a Fundraiser back at the country club

The fundraiser brought in a beautiful selection of donated items. I was impressed! They also held a raffle game that went on 3 hours (way too long). That's when Johnny handed me a handful of raffle tickets he bought and told me we will act like we are married. He had to leave for a bit and for me to pay attention to the numbers when the game comes up, if his numbers are picked he gets his $50 back  he bought the tickets for then we can split the winnings 50/50. Deal!

Don't you know hours and a couple hundred people later, I held the winning number in my hand?! Cash in hand, I went to the Pro Shop to remind him we are married.True to his word, he gave me 50%. I told him I wasn't taking his money, he absolutely insisted. Nice tip!

Hours into the event our staff was getting hungry and one of the guys grilled us up delicious, thick pork chops with sides and we had an amazing turtle brownie in the cooler we couldn't keep our hands off.

At the end of the night, after getting hugs of thanks and appreciation from the wife who hosted the fundraiser for her husband very sick with cancer, the few of us left gathered at the bar for drinks. They started on shots and me, give me a 1/2 glass of wine. I'd rather have a 1/2 glass of wine and keep my wits about me and know I have the freedom to pour and drink whatever I want, whenever I want.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard. We had a blast! John is naturally funny, with shots, hysterical!

I'm meeting so many people. Ladies, you want to meet a guy? Forget the bars. Good looking, polished, hobby-oriented guys relaxing and enjoying themselves are on a golf course. They golf, sit on the patio to eat and are not desperado's interested in the bar scene to be seen.

Driving down the road into the country club with the golf course wrapped all around is peaceful. The serenity of the quiet and beautifully manicured holes makes me smile when I think to myself, this is where I work.