Sunday, July 15, 2018

Hostess With the Mostess

I woke up at 9:00 a.m. today. For this 6:00 a.m. every single day girl, 9:00 a.m. is a record.

I'm exhausted.

In the last two days I met the Mayor for the Mayor's Golf Outing, hosted Brooke's graduation party, hosted a golf outing and while the golf outing was wrapping up their golf outing & banquet, I met with the bride and hosted a very beautiful and very successful 10-hour wedding and reception for 250 guests who partied like its 1999.

That's why I woke up at 9:00 a.m.

Looking ahead at this week, what events am I hosting? What days and hours do I want to work?

It is really odd to plan my week around being available for hosting events, which includes making sure everything is flowing as it should, being the "Hostess with the Mostess", enjoying the luxury convenience of food and beverage to which I was absolutely, unbelievably impressed with the wedding menu last night. The food, delicious! I am pretty judgmental when it comes to event food taste. Our chef, impressive! Our team who set up, served, and cleaned up, impressive. Good team!


It's so hot out already, a perfect day to be poolside.

Brooke's graduation party in our clubhouse was a perfect location. Clubhouse, pool, event room, fitness center, movie theater, a pool table in the great room, and free Starbucks. Guests were free to do what they'd like.

Our menu was: Create your own shish kabobs (thank you to my son-in-law who did the grilling) with chicken, fresh fruits & veggies. We had fresh fruit bowls, chips & dips, a candy bar, the graduation cake (thank you to my sister-in-law who makes cakes), and a fun selection of beverages.




House sold. Move done. Graduation party complete.

I will be poolside.