Wednesday, July 18, 2018

My New Favorite Chair, Best $7 Spent


I couldn't wait to get home today to my new favorite chair.

A book in my hands, a beverage in the cup holder, just floating in the water with the sun warm on my skin. It was mid-afternoon, just me, a good book, and the pool to myself.

It's been such a good week and I love the freedom of my schedule. I can come in and leave when I want and in my first week there I've quickly gotten my arms around a lot. I enjoy the events, the serenity of the golf course setting, the luxury of access to anything I want, and I've conducted several tours at both country clubs and enjoy those conversations.

Handling an excited, yet nervous bride on her wedding day, smiling and assuring her in confidence all is well, everything is under control, "Let me get you a bottle of champagne", and the smile of relief on her face is fun stuff. Looking across a banquet room filled with beautiful linens and flowers ensuring the presentation is absolutely perfect is second nature.

Dressing casual when I want and running home to change dressing up for the event occasions is a complement of both worlds. Exactly what I like.

Going into the country club late morning if I want or coming home early and heading down to the pool makes me laugh. Who would have ever thought this would be my life?!

Blessings continue to shower me.