Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Independence Day & Day 1


It was amazing waking up in my comfy bed seeing the sunrise through my giant bedroom windows. I am such a morning person! I laid there and watched the sunrise and felt the cool morning breeze through the open windows.

My home on Walbrook faced south and because of large trees, I could not see the sunrise or the sunset from my home for 15 years. There were many requirements to selecting my very specific apartment and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Here I sit in the sunshine on my patio blogging as the sun is coming up and it's going to be smokin' hot today. It's perfect, I have a pool!

The move was smooth yesterday. The moving company came with 3 guys and my helpers were my dad, my brother, my mom, Mariah & Jeremy, and Brooke and Alex. My heartfelt thanks, love, and appreciation for such a team of family members who gave it their all!

By 4:30 p.m. I was smoked! The heat, the steps, awake every hour the night before the move, I hit a wall and there was one final load back at the house. I told the kids I don't have any more, that I can do it tomorrow. Jeremy said, "We will get the rest, you stay, take a nap and get some rest." I unpacked boxes while Mariah & Jeremy went back to the house, loaded the rest up and hauled it up.

Two flights of stairs kicked everyone's butt and I am so grateful the rain held off until our move was complete.

Everyone is enjoying the 24/7 FREE Starbucks and my son-in-law, Jeremy, a coffee connoisseur, seems highly impressed with the coffee selections. Brooke is in love with the hot chocolate. Everyone has already gone over a couple times and enjoying the freedom of 24 hour access to the clubhouse and all the amenities.

I feel like I am on vacation and this is a luxury resort, complete with the convenience of all my belongings. I knew I would love it, but it's far better than I imagined and this is the bells & whistles I want my family to be able to enjoy.

My former home once small and cozy, to my now open floor plan, vaulted-ceiling apartment with plenty of room for everyone.

An unexpected life blessing. What a fun and generous God!

Happy Independence Day!