Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Only. God.


My Daddy has always said I can fall into a pile of sh*t and come out smelling like a rose.

My Dad was talking to his friend yesterday and heard about a job opportunity, ran it by me to see if I would be interested, and when I said Yes! he called me at 6:30 a.m. this morning to say the owner wants me to come in right away, when can I be there?!

I believe I had the job before I even got there.

A pleasant conversation, told I was exactly what they need, given a grand tour, shown my office, introduced as the new manager, told I can have a flexible schedule working the hours I want and work from home sometimes, and we settled on a salary more than I was making a week ago.

When I walked outside into the sunshine and I realized all that has happened in the last week from job loss 1-1/2 weeks ago before my move giving me time to pack, move my entire household, unpack and get completely settled, pay debts, establish a nice bank account, then BOOM a better job without even looking. Timing perfect.

Only. God.

I had goosebumps.

I told my Dad, "Thanks for ruining my summer off!" We laughed.