Tuesday, July 17, 2018

My Rocking Chair

This was my rocking chair when I was a little girl. 



A treasure that was stored in my shed and I'm grateful I never got rid of it. My dad made it beautiful refinishing it in white for my granddaughter.

My Sofia is everything good and perfect. 

She is a perfect love. A perfect gift from God that wants to be held in my arms at all times and I am in love with her happiness next to me. An armful of sweet chubbiness and unexpected wet kisses from her. Her curiosity of all things and I get to experience life through a new set of eyes.

That sparkle in her eyes when I watch the thought of something ornery enter her mind. That pep in her step when she sees me coming after her, she tries to out crawl me, and her laughter when I tickle her. 

Her need to be in my arms and the God-given natural grandmother instinct of pure joy when she is.

Oh Sofia, how I love thee. 

Her mommy comes home and cannot wait to see her and kiss her to receive a turned head while she is in grandmomma's arms. My sweet daughter, she loves you and will need you for a lifetime, but enjoy your moments of break when she is happy with her grandmomma. God gave her to you, and she is mine, too. 

In a few weeks she will be one year old.