Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Kohl's Ca$h Logic

 


First, I am not a Kohl's shopper. There is nothing wrong with Kohl's, it's just not a store I shop at. 

Second, I'm not sure how I got $5 Kohl's Cash, but I am certain it was a marketing initiative to lure me into their store. Well done, Kohl's, but it's actually going to cost you. 

Give me $5 and I walked in with every intention of walking out with a free pair of panties. Yes, I will make a quick stop for that. 

Clearance sales racks everywhere marked 60% - 80% off. Good luck sorting through chaos. I'm sure their clearance prices are very good, that's how they get you in the door. They give you play money and when you see pants and shirts for $8 each, I'm guessing the average person stockpiles because of the "good deals."

Technically, you just spent money on items you had no intention of buying. It wasn't a good deal, it cost you money. 

Overhead announcements, "Another happy customer just saved $35!!" The customer did not save $35, the customer just spent $65. The receipt makes them happy because it reads they saved $35. Justified.

Now, if you need pants or a shirt, you'll pay minimal pricing; however, you will have to spend forever going through the monstrosity of hodge podge racks of clothing and when you find a pair of pants you like, guess what, you can't try them on, dressing rooms are closed. And, you cannot return clearance. 

Give me $5, they just handed me a free pair of panties, because that is exactly what I walked out the door with. 

Thanks, Kohl's!