Monday, January 25, 2021

500 Functions!

 


This is going to sound insensitive... instead of living in fear and jumping on the vaccination bandwagon as a quick fix to covid, take ownership of your own health. Hear me out...

I cannot even watch the news anymore, it is filled with chaos. Covid numbers, death tolls, and vaccinations everyone is holding out for as their eternal hope to stay healthy. 

Do you know the liver is the largest organ in the body and has about 500 functions for the health of the body? It filters your blood to remove toxins such as viruses and bacteria, it stores vitamins and minerals, processes fats, proteins and carbohydrates, produces bile to break down fats for digestion and detoxifies the body of hormones, chemicals, toxins, and metabolic waste. 

In one minute your liver can filter about two quarts of the five quarts of blood your body contains. To appreciate the magnitude of this, compare this with a filter in a swimming pool. The filter would need to clean 1/2 of the pool's water every minute to keep up with what your liver can do. 

Do you overwhelm your own liver with sludge? Do you enjoy the American diet of processed, sugar laden and fried food? Or, do you eat clean and healthy? How about drinking plenty of water, every day? Do you rest your liver and your internal organs by not eating for at least 12 - 17 hours a day (or overnight)? 

I'm not on a soapbox, but I've learned to eat really clean and I exercise like crazy. My health stats are excellent, I have tons of energy, my joints no longer ache (starch and sugar attacks my joints), my skin has changed, my body has definitely changed, and I am strong. 

Those with poor health, their lives are threatened by covid. Not everyone is responsible or can help their health and a lot are the reason. I just came from the grocery store. The junk people throw in their carts as their means of sustenance... and people wonder why they aren't the pillar of health. Think of their liver. It's like the little train, that no longer could.  

Pharmaceuticals are big business and too many are making their living selling quick fixes. Good health is a lifestyle. It's eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, exercising, getting a good nights rest. Do it the old fashioned way, the way we were created to.