Friday, January 22, 2021

I Arrive in Grandma Glory!

 


A Facetime call came early this morning and I could see my sweet little grandson isn't feeling well at all. He has four new teeth popping through and his eczema is flared up. My daughter, patient & loving, she is a wonderful momma, who is also very pregnant and not sleeping.

I look at my day off list of things I want to do, and scratched 1/2 them off, because I simply cannot wait to see my babies! 

Sometimes when you aren't feeling well a little pick me up is needed. I stopped by Dollar Tree, filled a large gift bag with toys: a nerf sword, a firetruck that has a siren, a helicopter that makes a chopper noise, a bag of balls (basketball, soccer & golf), 2 coloring books (one for each grandbaby), crayons, a Frozen packet with markers/notepad/stickers, 2 little teddy bears, and balloons attached to the gift bag. $12 = 2 super excited little ones.

"gRaMmY tHaT iS sO nIcE oF yOu!" Sofia burst in praise. Rowan was all about the balloons and seeing his happiness while he's been miserable, made it the best $12 I have spent in a long time. 

I popped Sofia in the car and of to McDonalds we went! In tradition, I ask, "Chicky nuggets or hamburger?" In tradition, she replies, "Both!" Both it is and her hot fudge sundae. Lunch for pregnant momma, too. 

Sometimes it's all about the surprise and sometimes it's about presentation. It doesn't take much to give a heart a lift, because sometimes it's the little things that mean so much. 

Me... my arms filled with my little ones, snuggling, hugging and kisses, is exactly what I needed, and I felt my grandbaby in my daughter's womb kick for the 1st time time. 

Time for a needed up of coffee and check off the rest of my list. It's been a perfect day off.