Saturday, January 16, 2021

A Lot

 


I get it, planning a wedding is a lot!

I'm not sure how I found myself in this situation, but I have over 60 brides with weddings booked and a holiday season of engagements and meeting with these brides daily, too. This doesn't include their bridal showers and all the other events I do. 

There are moments it all feels like a lot of responsibility and it is, but I really, genuinely like my brides. They are sweet, hopeful, and they trust me to make their dreams come true and sprinkle magic. No pressure there. 

It's not just the brides, either. It's the MOB's. Mother of the Brides and mom's in general who have just as many concerns and questions.

"No, I don't know what COVID will look like in 2022, but here are options I can offer you..."

Honestly, I want to publish a blog post on The Ugly Truth: COVID-19 Weddings. The ugly truth is COVID sucks, but you now have the absolute perfect excuse to $ave a fortune and have a small wedding with your 1st draft of most important guests: family and best friends only. Do a Micro Wedding for under $2K instead of $20K. Have all the bells and whistles, just not go into debt over it. 

There are so many tips and tricks to wedding planning to save a fortune. I actually share these with my brides. My title is Event Director, my role is really sales. As a salesperson I am supposed to upsell for commission, but because I am so honest with my couples to keep them in their budgets, my reputations is my great relationship with them. They sing my praises telling others and I am still top salesperson (or #2). 

The wedding industry is big business. Love prevails over pandemic, engagements happen, and a determined bride is going to make it to the altar!

Me, I have over 60 brides. I make it easy and I make it fun. I dry their tears and speak truth to them with what the situation currently looks like and we overcome the obstacle of pandemic with options they can live with. 

When I step back and take it all in, it all feels overwhelming to me. It's a lot of weddings and a lot of details. So, I ground myself by singing to myself...

I'm only human
I'm just a woman
Help me to believe in what I could be
And all that I am
Oh, show me the stairway
That I have to climb
Lord, for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time

One day at a time, sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking of You
Just give me the strength to do everyday
What I have to do
Yesterday's gone, sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine
Lord help me today
Show me the way
One day at a time