Friday, January 1, 2021

January 1st

 


A great morning workout consisted of strength training then the elliptical, when the ice rain started. 

It's a good day to head home... and stay home. 

The sound of the rain on the roof and windows is relaxing and turning off the television to really listen to the pitter patter was the perfect background noise to enjoy a book on the comfy chaise in my office.  

My home is quiet and taking it all it, I am so grateful. My home office so much more than I ever imagined I would have being a single mom for decades, when it took everything I had. The French doors leading into the front entrance with a pretty staircase, and dining room on the other side where some great conversations take place. These natural wood floors. Streaming some southern gospel, the music carries through my home for a good old fashioned revival.

Iced tea is brewing and a new recipe is in the oven. 

Day 1 - January 1st is off to a quiet and relaxing start.