Thursday, March 26, 2020

Surprisingly Tasty


Pulling out my new cookbook and trying many new recipes has been a lot of fun! Surprisingly tasty, too!

Sometimes, don't you just want to try something different, but you don't know what you're hungry for? It takes time to look through cookbooks and make a dinner from scratch, but (means there's more!) now there's time. Time to take advantage of this extra time we have on our hands because of Coronavirus and make the most of it. 

I like chicken wings, but it may be every six months that I have some. I found a lemon-pepper chicken wing recipe that could give any restaurant a run for their money. It was a double bonus of a sense of accomplishment and an unexpectedly delicious dinner.

This week I've made several new dishes. A Creamy Buffalo Chicken with Mushrooms, several different kinds of cauliflower side dishes, Maple Sausage Deviled Eggs, Almond Butter Bombs, Chia Pudding with fresh berries, and different combinations of protein shakes. 

Next, I want to try Mexican Chicken & Cauliflower casserole and Panna Cotta with fresh berries.

I love to constantly learn and try something new and it's time to freshen my cooking skills. 

Quarantine is better when you know how to cook.