Friday, March 20, 2020

No Thanks


When I am not at work, I self-quarantine. I enjoy my solitude though.

COVID-19 is going to get worse before it gets better and I am not interested in being out and about in public breathing and inhaling germs. Heading recommendations to have what I need, I've done just that and I've added what I will need for Easter should things become unsafe to be out.

Many say, "Support local businesses and order take out." 

I say, "No. Way." 

I've worked in the food industry for years and I know behind the scenes food safety is relaxed at best. Add that to those who work an hourly wage and the fact that they do need their job for income whether they are feeling 100% or not and your dinner may be compromised. Not everyone wears gloves in a kitchen and those who do wear gloves feel they are doing the right thing, but they are touching contaminated surfaces then your food with contamination. 

It's not worth it. 

I do believe many businesses are doing significant safety precautions, I know we are where I work, and I appreciate the extent we are taking to keep staff healthy. People in general, I don't believe it unless I see it, and if I'm not comfortable kissing you, I'm not putting food you've prepared in my mouth during a pandemic. 

Be creative and try a new recipe.