Friday, March 20, 2020

Still Competing


Everything is a competition. Like a butterfly bursting out of a cocoon, I need blood to pump through my veins and I can make a competition out of anything. 

While I've been rescheduling weddings falling in the suggested window of Coronavirus pandemic, I've come up with an option for my brides & grooms to still be married outdoors on our patio this summer in a complimentary ceremony for those who want to still get married right away prior to their rescheduled ceremony & reception. 

It's more common than you know and I know of several of my weddings where the bride & groom were secretly already married. 

I don't just do weddings, it's really building relationships. I form great relationships with my couples and each one of them, instead of being devastated, are relieved and pleased with their option. 

Yesterday, an internal communication went out throughout the country to over 150+ locations what I am doing at my venue. The best part... they just used my name, Dawn.

I've always said you've become famous when just your first name is used. For example: Cher, Madonna, Beyonce', etc. 

Here's where the competition begins, I'm STILL booking weddings! "Take that Coronavirus!!" In the last couple days, I've secured two more weddings, a bridal shower, and a corporate meeting. I'm going for who can secure the most weddings/events in the midst of Corona. 

With comfort of knowing I am absolutely willing to be flexible IF this pandemic is extended, let's pray to God it isn't, nothing is stopping my brides from securing their dates. 

Love is still more powerful than anything.

And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- 1 Corinthians 13:13