Saturday, March 28, 2020

"POOPY!"


I get euphoria when my grand babies come over. My excitement to see them, my heart swells in love. Sofia's happy screams when she sees me and Rowan's sweet smile when I talk to him, it's beautiful.  

In my mind, I feel 30's something and it's still surreal to me that I have a granddaughter and grandson. 

At 9 months old, Rowan now plays with us. In the midst of playing, Sofia has this thing where she is perfectly fine one minute and in the next second she screams, "pOoPy!!!!!!!!!!!" As she jumps up and starts running for the bathroom, thank goodness I am quick to grab little brother and we are in the race to get to the potty.

Now, poopy can mean #1 or #2. It's really her word for I have to go potty now. Being quick is key! One time last night, Sofia yelled, "hUrRy gAnNy!" We made it to the potty safely, but I did have dreams last night where I heard water running and it was Sofia pee'ing across the house. 

Never a dull moment. 

Rowan is sweet and passive, plays well by himself as he investigate everything. He loves to be held and loves to smile and laugh.

Sofia is headstrong and she can communicate anything she needs to tell you. Her new phrases this week I've heard are:  "nO jEreMy!" and my son-in-law Jeremy tells reminds her he is "daddy". She referred to my brother last night with a name for the 1st time: "uNcLe yAsOn". And, kissing my sweet babies goodbye, Mariah said, "bye Momma" and that is exactly what our sweet little Sofia parrots, "bYe mOmMa!" 

They are a world of entertainment and I am so in love with them both.