Saturday, March 7, 2020

Sunshine & Iced Tea


The clinking of ice in a glass as I sit in the sun reading a book. Cold and refreshing, the sun is baking my skin, it feels heavenly, and I am tanning quickly.

It is exactly where I want to be. THIS is vacation. 

My work conference in Orlando was fabulous. The resort was lovely and I was most impressed with their landscaping and their food of the highest quality. It was an exceptional event and I was breathless with anticipation when they called my name as the top salesperson of the year in front of 350 colleagues across the country.

Scouting out my competition with the other names that were nominated, I was most surprised they were men. 

My plaque is large and I will put it in my beautiful new office in my new home. 

With the conference over now vacation can truly begin. The ocean, the sand, fabulous shabby chic quaint shops, and lots of fun purchases for my new home, it’s relaxing and enjoyable being at my mom & dad’s.

The sun baking my skin, the clink of ice in a delicious glass of ice tea, now this is vacation.