Saturday, November 17, 2018

She Said Yes To the Dress


There I stood with Brooke in front of me in her wedding dress and veil and time stopped.

Believe me, it's a milestone moment in life when you see your daughter in her wedding dress. There is a clash in the universe where you see your little girl, yet a young woman. It's the moment most every girl dreams about her whole life and now in the beginning stage of that dream. It takes your breath away. 

I want to tell you what it looks like, but her dress will have to wait to be revealed on her wedding day. Know I am not being partial when I say it's stunning, it is a fairy tale dress and seeing Brooke look at me bashful, hopeful, with a do I look pretty look in her eyes, sometimes happiness and beauty can only be described in tears. Yes, you look stunning.

Brooke said yes to the dress and I made the purchase all-inclusive with her tiara and veil. 

The venue booked.

The best DJ in town booked.

The dress purchased.

The color theme, exquisite.

Invitations chosen.

Centerpieces chosen.

Brooke has selected a few cakes she is contemplating.

I already have in my mind the best complement of hors d'oeuvres and dinner selection for presentation and taste with a solid grasp on rental décor to transform the venue into the princess wedding she's always dreamed of. 

Wedding planning I do well. This evening I hosted a wedding and reception at one of our country clubs and it was more than the bride envisioned and hoped for. Sometimes brides know exactly what they want and sometimes they don't. When they don't, I fill in the gaps to create what they cannot envision. Hugs of thanks and appreciation are mine at the end of their special day. 

Tell me what your hoping for and I will make it happen. It's all fabulous experience for me for the weddings that matter most, my daughter's wedding. 

We weren't planning on dress shopping yet, it was serendipitous we stopped by the bridal shop the other day. Two steps in the shop I saw the dress, only one like it and it fit Brooke as if it was designed for her. I do believe in divine intervention and I cannot help but think how flawlessly this has come together, as if it was a gift. 

Today was our appointment with the seamstress and Brooke enjoyed the process. 

I am grateful and blessed she found a dress far more beautiful than she hoped. It's what every mom wants for their daughter. 

Wedding dresses are pretty, sometimes, not always. This dress, is unbelievable and I for one cannot wait to watch the expressions of everyone her wedding day as they see the Brooke as a bride walking down the aisle.