Wednesday, November 21, 2018

I'm Getting Flocked This Christmas


It makes me laugh to say this, but I'm getting flocked this Christmas. 

In all things new, it is time, time to change my Christmas decor. I have spent weeks in and out of stores, looking online, holding photos up in my living room of the many different varieties of Christmas trees, all sizes and shapes to find the perfect fit. 

Good grief there is a lot to choose from and the pricing spans from minimum to shocking. 

It isn't about price, it's about the next perfect Christmas tree to grace my home each Christmas and after weeks of debate, I am going with a flocked tree.

Son-in-laws are the best! Especially when it comes to hauling a new Christmas tree up a couple flights of stairs. 

Going through all my holiday decor, much given to Brooke and Alex for their 1st Christmas in their own place, I am keeping very little from the last couple of decades. Decades of purchases that transformed our home into a warm and nestled Christmas cottage. It was perfect for that home and now those pieces are going into my daughters homes for the familiar and nostalgic. 

In Black Friday tradition, as the shoppers become crazy and chaotic, I will be home decorating with Christmas music filling the air, hot chocolate or perhaps a glass of wine, and welcoming this Christmas season, because this girl is done Christmas shopping!