Thursday, November 15, 2018

Freezing Rain and a Fabulous Day!

Letting out a wild scream as I stepped onto the parking lot, I realized I stepped onto black ice, that's how my day started. It was a freezing rain turned fabulous day!

An ice covered Jeep, Christmas music filling the air, I was ecstatic!!

Perhaps I am excited for Christmas, but Sofia's pillow lounger for her playroom arrived yesterday (Thank you Amazon Prime) and I couldn't wait! I stopped by the store to pick up a Santa sack for presentation sake, when I walked past cute socks and an outfit at the store, a quick stop at McDonalds, and this Grandmomma arrived in Christmas glory!




This pillow lounger was an idea I had years ago I was going to make. Someone perfected the idea and  I stuffed this over 8' long pillow lounger with extra firm pillows (Walmart $5 each) and Sofia now has a fabulous floor lounger for her play room all-inclusive with a flat screen tv and all her toys.

Snuggles, kisses, hugs, lunch and a visit, I was off to meet up with Brooke shopping for wedding details. It was a spur of the moment idea to stop into a store, when stepping in I immediately saw it, an absolutely beautiful wedding dress! We looked at the selection of wedding dresses and grabbed a couple for her to try when we had our "Aha!" moment. 

When you gasp at the beauty and tears fill your eyes, you just know, "this is the one." It's perfect and stunning on Brooke. We found a veil that also took our breath away and I have a call out to the stores seamstress to schedule an appointment for any necessary alterations. 

We are pinning down the wedding date, the date is available at the venue we are looking at, and I already have checked the best DJ's in towns schedule for his availability. 

Her wedding invitations picked, everything is coming together beautifully.

As I was heading home, I passed a holiday event at a local plaza I had forgotten about with each store offering the hustle-n-bustle of holiday cheer with Christmas music, drinks & food and discounts. 

Me, I enjoyed a holiday fruity champagne beverage, wine, cheese, chocolates and treated myself to a variety of teas. 

Still freezing rain, I am happy to come home, curl up on my comfy chair with a warm blanket, select a new tea and marathon watch Hart of Dixie.

It was a wonderful day.